Chromebooks are popular tablets used by numerous school districts. ChromeVox is the built-in screen reader for Chromebooks. Have you tried ChromeVox recently? ChromeVox has come a long way since it was initially released! CATIS certified, Amy Snow is an amazing, knowledgeable expert who has created the ChromeVox: From Basics to Mastery, a 6-week online course geared for TVIs and students. These 6 video tutorials are easy to follow and include the accompanying Google Slide presentations. Each video is around 20 minutes: the videos are packed full of information!
The ChromeVox: From Basics to Mastery series is available on the Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired's YouTube channel under the ChromeVox: From Basics to Mastery playlist.
Below is the Week One video tutorial:
- Week1: Introduction to Chromebooks and ChromeVox, enabling accessibility and adjusting spoken feedback
- Week 2: Introduction to navigation the Chromebook and accessing some basic system information and help features
- Week 3: Advanced navigation, sticky mode, reading text, and using the ChromeVox menus
- Week 4: Basic editing and navigation in Google Docs and Google Drive
- Week 5: Accessing Google Chrome, history, bookmarks, downloads, and Chrome options
- Week 6: Basic searching and navigation in google Chrome as well as touching on connecting and using a braille display
Bonus! ChromeVox: Google Slides Video Tutorial - Amy has created a Google Slides video tutorial too!
Video tutorials are reposted on Paths to Technology with author's permission.