Blackboard Ally seamlessly integrates with the Learning Management System (LMS) and automatically generates alternative accessible formats and provides instructors with information on how to improve the accessibility of their course content.
Students can download alternative formats directly from the course content by selecting the Ally button. The Alternative formats include:
- Tagged PDF: Structured PDF for improved use with assistive technology
- HTML: For viewing in the browser and on mobile devices
- ePub: For reading as an e-book on an iPad and other e-book readers
- Electronic braille: BRF version for consumption on electronic braille displays
- Audio: MP3 version for listening
- BeeLine Reader: Enhanced version for easier and faster on-screen reading
- Translated version: A machine translated version of the original document
Ally for Students video:
- Blackboard Ally Website has great information, including a helpful table to show which format will best meet your needs!
- Veroniiiica's post, Using Blackboard Ally with Low Vision