Burju Sari is the proud mother of two beautiful boys. Born premature, one of the boys experienced a brain bleed, unbeknownst to the parents. Learn how Omer and his family’s lives changed once he was properly diagnosed with CVI and the family met Ellen Mazel, and she told them everything is going to get better.
Participants will earn 1.5 Professional Development Points, ACVREP, CTLE, or Continuing Education credits by viewing webinar and passing a quizLearning Objectives:
- Participants will name 3 visual improvements in this case study
- Participants will name 3 area of need around the CVI characteristics that still impact learning.
- Participants will identify 2 methods of parent advocacy.
- Roman Lantzy, C. A. (2018) Cortical Visual Impairment: An Approach to Assessment and Intervention. New York: American Foundation for the Blind.
- Dutton,Gordon and Lueck, Amanda (2015) Vision and the Brain: Understanding Cerebral Visual Impairment in Children
By registering for Professional Development Points, ACVREP, CTLE, or Continuing Education credits, you will be provided with a self-paced tutorial using video clips and other resources related to this topic, as well as an online test to assess your knowledge.