3 Day Workshop with Christine Roman-Lantzy, Ph.D. Workshop Dates: June 13, 14 & 15, 2018 (note: Wednesday – Late Start). Location: Mountain View Grand Resort — Whitefield, NH 03598.
Wednesday, June 13th: Late Start — Sign in/coffee – 10:00 AM; Workshop from 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM (light lunch provided).
Thursday and Friday: Sign in/coffee – 8:30 AM; Workshop from 9 AM – 4 PM (light lunch provided).
Registration Fee: * Waived — Register at www.perkinselearning.org/cvi-nh
Hotel Special Rate Available. MUST book by April 5th: $99.00 for 2-nights, per room ** (covers 2-nights – see notes below).
This course will focus on cortical visual impairment (CVI): causes, assessment and strategies for access and improvement of vision for students with CVI. Current theories will be explored. Participants will come to understand the unique visual behaviors and learning needs of children with CVI.
With well thought out assessment using the only available assessment tool, the CVI Range, participants will take a close look at those visual behaviors, to determine function vision within the visual characteristics. After assessment those visual needs will be targeted for necessary environmental adaptations and strategies.
- Name four causes of CVI.
- Identify the characteristics of visual behaviors in students with CVI.
- Identify the different three phases of CVI.
- Identify specific goals for each phase of CVI.
- Gain a working knowledge of assessment of students.
- Participants, from the assessment, will develop strategies for learning and environmental intervention teaching students with CVI.
- Match assessment results with adaptations to literacy.
* This training has been made possible through a generous grant from Jane’s Trust
- Any participant who will be staying at the hotel will pay a fee of $99.00 for 2-nights, per room, which covers 2 nights lodging. (Rooms can be shared, 2-per room = $50.00 per person, per 2 night stay)
- IMPORTANT: For Room Booking information, please contact Kiliana Lugo at 617-972-7841 or email email@example.com for additional details!
Maximum - 2 nights lodging only will be covered for the $99.00
(Perkins will subsidize the remaining balance)
- Any additional nights are at your own expense. Special rates are available if booked by April 12th. To book additional nights contact the Hotel at 877-685-9121 and mention Perkins.
- Anyone attending who is not staying at the hotel will not have a fee
- All participants must register for the workshop at www.perkinselearning.org/cvi-nh
- Workshop attendance includes breakfast and lunch (dinner is on your own)
- Hotel Registrations must be confirmed by April 5th
Dr. Christine Roman has been paid by Perkins to develop this course and is also paid to be the instructor.
She has no nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
This workshop is offered for 1.8 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Professional area).
|Perkins School for the Blind is approved by the Continuing Education board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. See the course information for number of ASHA CEUs, instructional level, and content area. ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.|
This workshop is offered for 1.8 AOTA CEUs.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.