PLEASE NOTE: Day 2 is Optional for this workshop.
This two day hands-on workshop on Friday and Saturday, December 1 and 2, 2017 focuses on teaching educators to effectively implement Bookshare in the classroom with students who are blind or have low vision.
NOTE: 12 Credits are for 2-days. Six (6) credits are available for 1-day.
If you plan to attend only 1-Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Break down of Days Instruction
The first day's content is all Bookshare. Participants get an in-depth training on Bookshare and have plenty of time to download, install, and explore applications that read Bookshare books (on Mac and Windows computers and mobile devices).
The second day's agenda includes time in the morning to further explore computer applications and mobile apps and talk about feature match (matching the features of the reading tool to the student’s needs). But much of the second day is information about making decisions about AEM and AT.
Check out this FREE workshop at other location.
New York: Dominican College
Friday and Saturday, November 10 and 11, 2017
470 Western Hwy S
Orangeburg, NY 10962
- Get started quickly and easily with Bookshare
- Access and integrate accessible educational materials (AEM) into the classroom for students with visual impairments
- Describe resources and assessment tools that can be used by teams to make good decisions about a student’s need for AEM and appropriate reading tools
- Equalize education for students with print disabilities & improve student outcomes through technology
- Use compatible assistive technology tools to read Bookshare books
- Empower students with accessible books and technology for lifelong learning
PDPs, CEs, ACVREP
For additional information, please contact PerkinsTrainingCenter@perkins.org or call 617.972.7712.