This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Preparing for Transition from School to Adult Life – Starting the Process Early! online class. This online class provides participants with tools and guidance toward effective transition planning.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to demonstrate the ability to identify the appropriate components of transition planning, identify and administer appropriate assessments, and develop a transition plan and other resources (Personal Futures Plan, Resource Map, etc.).
- Identify the components of the transition planning cycle.
- Complete an inventory of a transition team.
- Examine the transition planning needs of a student.
- Identify the components of effective collaboration for teams working with transition students EC through post-secondary.
- Analyze communication in a team meeting and make recommendations for how the communication could be more collaborative.
- Conduct a baseline data assessment.
- Create a resource map/network list for an individual student/transition team.
- Evaluate 18+ to Post-Secondary implementation plans and strategies.
- Describe the components of adult rehabilitation plans and eligibility for adult services.
- Articulate the legal rights for adults with disabilities related to employment and academic settings.
- Create a survey and implement the survey with members of a transition planning team.
- Interview an adult agency representative.
- Create an action plan using the survey and interview results.
- Develop a transition plan including goals and objectives.
- Develop a Person Centered Plan.
- Create a content outline for student and teacher transition portfolios.