This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed the Social Skills for Students with Visual Impairments online class.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the development of social skills for students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Define social skills and describe the importance of teaching social skills.
- Delineate the obstacles to teach social skills.
- Identify why assessment is essential and describe types of social skills assessments.
- Identify how research in social skills has influenced practical applications and teaching strategies.
- Identify strategies/interventions for teaching social skills.
- Describe the importance of community experience as well as the role of the family in the development of social skills.
- Identify strategies to promote friendships.
- Articulate strategies to enhance social competence.
- Describe how social media can be used to enhance social skills.
- Describe how to assist student in developing social skills strategies for employment and independent living.