- finding participants
- preparing the stopwatch
- Stopwatch on iPad or other device
- Means to record data
- Get participants for the project - several girls and several boys
- Test each participant alone in a quiet room.
- Show each person how to make the PF snare beatbox sound. Repeat as necessary.
- Time how long it takes each participant to make the sound.
- Record results and analyze them.
A note from Mike's presentation: As he presented his results, the very quick manner (6 seconds) in which one of the male participants learned the beatbox sound was discussed. This student happens to be very gifted in making sounds (though not a beatboxer) and the discussion was about whether his data should be included.
Plan and conduct an investigation individually and collaboratively to produce data to serve as the basis for evidence, and in the design: decide on types, how much, and accuracy of data needed to produce reliable measurements and consider limitations on the precision of the data (e.g., number of trials, cost, risk, time), and refine the design accordingly. (HS-ESS2-5)